Let’s look at some top trends in digital marketing that matter most to a gallery business to establish trust, attract new art collectors and nurture client relationships. These trends really can no longer be ignored.
There are three overwhelmingly clear themes when it comes to creating a digital marketing strategy that will meet today’s consumer demands.
- Value to the customer
These themes in marketing hold true for your art buyers as well. All the trends we are about to look at tie into these themes in some way. As you execute your marketing initiatives, keep them in mind to help your message resonate better with potential buyers.
Gallery Digital Marketing Trends
- Content marketing is still essential because it applies to email marketing, SEO, and social media. There is a continued focus on curated content for specific target audiences. For example, you may have certain content to target new collectors who have never purchased from your gallery and different content for long-time clients. List segmentation and contact management are essential to focus your content.
- Video marketing is still going strong as part of a well round content marketing strategy. Short live videos are popular because they show the authenticity and personality of a brand, can be viewed on multiple platforms on the go and are now easy to produce and share.
- Marketing automation for email marketing is becoming more user-friendly to help businesses better communicate with their mailing list subscribers and create a digital customer journey. This is a brilliant marketing tool for a gallery with a small staff that wears many hats in addition to marketing.
- Everything in your digital marketing playbook must be mobile friendly. Your website should be responsive; email text should be easy to read on a small screen, and when appropriate, videos should be shot vertically for better viewing on a smartphone.
Trust is a contributing factor for success online. Digital assets, such as your website and e-commerce channels, must show they are secure. Protecting client data and respecting privacy is a requirement from consumers. Policies and procedures must be in place as a means to win trust.
- People want to see authenticity from humans even when dealing with them online. Your marketing copy and messaging should focus on being informative and helpful over a stiff sale message or overly academic “art speak.” Value must be placed on integrity, education, and engagement to win the trust of digital customers.
- Online reviews and testimonials are now playing a more critical role in winning buyers. Google My Business tool is prominent in Google search results. Your gallery should spend time on maintaining your profile. Encourage and respond to reviews posted there.
- Today’s successful digital marketing strategy will incorporate both employee and client advocates. Gallery marketing will no longer be just the marketing director’s job. Each staff member has a different story to tell. Let them tell it.
To the Point
Revenue growth is driven by business, marketing, and brand development strategies. Before executing a targeted digital marketing strategy, it is vital to have a solid overall gallery marketing plan and gallery brand message in place. Otherwise, your hard work on the will be wasted if directed at the wrong audience, with inconsistent messaging across channels and with a vague value proposition.
These trends have become more important for your newsletter, blog, social media and gallery website. It boils down to increasing your focus on adding value to collecting art, earning trust and proving a great digital experience.