You have probably done a lot of advance planning for the holiday season. This article will discuss ways to plan for social media success and ideas for keeping your fans and followers engaged during the season of “marketing overload”. This time of year brings your gallery a lot of competition for shopper’s attention. Social media is a great tool to stay top of mind.
Marketing through social media can also be planned and scheduled in advance, making your life a bit less stressful when the holidays hit.
Create a Holiday Social Media Plan
Once you have established what your gallery business will be doing for the holidays, such as shows, offering special items, events, and services, you can begin to plan out your social media plan. This is a great time to do some collaborative marketing with your artists. Social media is a very effective way to remind people of what your gallery has to offer for holiday shopping and fun. It is also an opportunity to regain fan’s attention if your posts have become stale. Plan to shake it up with fun and lighthearted holiday spirit mixed in with sales messaging.
Key elements of your plan should include the following.
- Creating a holiday themed cover image for social media platforms.
- Identify the advantages each social platform offers for holiday marketing.
- Increase the amount of posts daily. If you post twice a day normally, increase to four or five times a day including days when the gallery is closed.
- Establish how you will collaborate with your artists on shares, posts and comments. Setting expectations early can make for a more successful plan.
- Create a special holiday page on your gallery’s website. Use social media posts to drive to this page so prospects can get more information and shop easily.
- If you do not advertise on social media, November and December would be good times to try it if you have something special to promote. Inexpensive social media advertising can help you reach a broader audience that is very targeted.
Social media is of course an effective way to stay in front art-loving holiday shoppers, but it is also a great tool to for spreading the holiday spirit. When posting, look for ways to encourage people to engage with you. The more followers that engage with your gallery on social media, the more viral you can become.
Don’t forget to use hashtags appropriately. Hashtags are not just for Twitter. They can be used on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Google +, Tumblr, and Vine. So take advantage of them and plan how you will use them during the holidays.
Content Ideas to Market Your Gallery During the Holidays
Automating your posts allows you to focus on other things as the holidays get closer and life gets hectic. Use a social media management system, such as Hootsuite, Postling or SproutSocial to schedule gallery content across all your social platforms. Investing a little time early scheduling posts in advance will ensure your social media marketing continues to move forward if your attention is needed elsewhere. Below are some ideas for posts that can show off your gallery’s holiday spirit and most of these can be written and scheduled in advance.
- Images of staff decorating the gallery.
- Photos of your artist’s studio decorations.
- Available artworks with a bow on it, ready to be a gift.
- Teasers about your gallery’s holiday shows.
- Reminders about special local shopping days.
- Alert your followers of fun holiday activities going on in the community.
- Support your artists by sharing their events, such as studio open houses, special holiday offerings, etc.
- Individual holiday wishes from your gallery artists.
- Share posts from charities the gallery supports.
- Thank your artists and collectors for a great year.
Special Gallery Offerings & Services
- Information about available payment options.
- Details about the gallery’s gift wrapping service.
- How to buy a gift certificate.
Brainstorm with artists and staff members for other ideas. Make your marketing message for the holiday season fun and engaging. Your gallery is sure to make an impact with both current clients and new art collectors.
To the Point
This holiday season have fun with your social media and your followers. Keep the spirit alive and continuously remind your network how you can help them find a very special gift. Take advantage of helpful tools such as targeted advertising and social media management portals. Collaboration with your artists and community will help make your gallery stand out and be informative for your followers. By planning ahead, your gallery can have a very joyous holiday season.