Are you planning for the holiday season? This article might help you prepare for social media success and provide fresh ideas for keeping your fans and followers engaged during the season of “marketing overload”.
This time of year brings your gallery a lot of competition for shopper’s attention. Marketing through social media can be planned and scheduled in advance, making your life a bit less stressful when the holidays actually hit.
Create a Holiday Social Media Plan
Once you have established what your art gallery will be doing for the holidays, such as shows, offering additional items, and special holiday services, etc. you can begin to plan out your social media to get the word out. Your plan should cover October through January.
Key elements of your art gallery’s social media marketing plan should include the following.
- Most important is a content calendar that plans post for each platform and identifies who is responsible for certain messages if you have multiple contributors.
- Create holiday-themed cover images across your social media platforms. This can be created in advance. Post these in early November.
- Identify the advantages each social platform offers for holiday marketing. For example, LinkedIn might be the best place to promote gallery space rental for company parties.
- Increase the number of posts daily. If you currently post twice a day, try increasing to four or five times a day including days when the gallery is closed.
- Establish how you will collaborate with your artists on shares, posts, and comments. Setting expectations early can make for a more successful plan.
- Decide where and what messages you will invest in advertising. Inexpensive social media advertising can help you reach a broader audience that is very targeted.
Social media is, of course, an effective way to stay in front art-loving holiday shoppers, but it is also an excellent tool for spreading the holiday spirit. When posting, look for ways to encourage people to engage with you.
The more followers that engage with your gallery on social media, the more viral you can become because the platform will give you more organic reach. Plan to shake it up with festive and lighthearted holiday spirit mixed in with the all-important sales messaging.
Content Ideas to Market Your Art Gallery During the Holidays
Posting a variety of things will help get attention. Think of ways your feed can be enlivened during this critical season.
Here are a few ideas for posts to get your creative mind thinking. These types of posts can show off your gallery’s holiday spirit, and most of these can be created and scheduled in advance.
- Images of staff decorating the gallery.
- Photos of your artist’s studio decorations.
- Available artworks with a bow on it, ready to be a gift.
- Teasers about your gallery’s holiday shows.
- Reminders about special local shopping days.
- Alert your followers of fun holiday activities going on in the community, not just in the gallery.
- Individual holiday wishes via video from your gallery artists.
- Share posts from charities the gallery supports.
- Thank your artists and collectors for a great year.
Special Gallery Offerings & Services
- Information about available payment options.
- Details about the gallery’s gift wrapping or installation services.
- How to buy a gift certificate.
- Most obvious – Lots and lots of art.
I encourage you to brainstorm with your artists and staff for other ideas. Make your sales message for the holiday season fun and engaging, but also ensure it is indeed a clear sales message. Your gallery is sure to make an impact with both current clients and new art collectors.
To the Point
During this holiday season have fun and be helpful for with your social media followers. Art can such an exceptional gift for the holidays.
Collaboration with your artists and community on social media will help make your gallery stand out and expand your reach.
Schedule as many of your social posts in advance as you can to make you the season less stressful for yourself. This strategy allows you to focus on other things when the holidays get closer, and life gets more hectic. Use a social media management system, such as Hootsuite or SproutSocial to schedule gallery content across all your social platforms.
By planning in advance, your art gallery business can have a very joyous and profitable holiday season.